Tuesday, July 26, 2011

KAAN!

If I had been more organized, I would have spread the word on this earlier, but alas.. I'm so excited to say that I will be attending this year's KAAN Conference! KAAN stands for Korean American Adoptee Adoptive Family Network. This volunteer-run organization holds a conference every year in a different location. This year's destination is Atlanta, Georgia. I've never been to a KAAN conference or Georgia for that matter, so I'm thrilled! There will be movie screenings, activities and many sessions to attend during the event. I truly am sorry I didn't share about this earlier since the conference is this coming weekend. It seems like a marvelous opportunity and, best of all, seems like it will be representative of diverse perspectives within the community. A friend and I ended up registering very last-minute and I'm just so glad to be going. If you would like to know more, please visit their website: http://www.kaanet.com

And if you're reading this and happen to be attending, drop me an email (chopsticksoo(at)yahoo.com--sorry for no hyperlink, but I'm trying to avoid spam)! I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making the most of this experience.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! KAAN was amazing. I had the best time just sharing stories with other adoptees. It's the sense of community about it that will definitely bring me back to it next year. Awesome, awesome event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome!! Makes me wanna go next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should think about going! It's July 27-29 in Albany, NY next year. It's only about 5 hours from me, so I basically have to go. :)

    ReplyDelete